Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Holiday Shopping: Incomplete

Did I mention at all in this blog that my son's birthday is on Christmas.  My due date was 12/15, and the doctor kept wanting to induce me, and I get declining.  He said, you don't want to have your baby on Christmas, and I would say, I don't want to be induced.  And I wasn't.  And my oldest son was born at 6:55 p.m. on Christmas day.

My doctor wasn't the on-call doctor that day, but each year he would volunteer at the hospital so others could be at home with their families, so he did deliver my son, and he was born December 25, 1999.  He will turn 16 years old this year.  I have no idea where the time has gone, but it has.  He is 6 foot 3 inches tall, and I have been looking up to him since he was 12.

So my holiday shopping will include his birthday also, and although I have started shopping, I am not finished.  My younger son "claims" to not want anything, which I know is not true, and my sweet Christmas boy, his list is endless.  Ahh the struggles.

I have been happy to fill the holiday orders in my shop, and eager to make new stuff for the new year, but I am going to really have to finish my shopping.

What do you get a boy who turns 16 on Christmas, and a 12 year old boy who says he doesn't want anything?  The struggle is real - but while I struggle - I shall coaster!

I have one final craft show this weekend, that I am very excited about :) :) :)  Wish me luck $$

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment